Tuesday, February 4, 2014

REVIEW: MONTAGNE JEUNESSE CLAY SPA MASK

I am very happy to be back to reviewing beauty products, and today's is a face mask. In the past, my reviews on masks have all been on cream masks; however, this is a sheet mask. I love the idea of a sheet mask because I feel that it does a better job at hydrating the skin. They also feel a bit more luxurious to me and more of a treat.




Montagne Jeunesse was founded in 1985, but I have recently noticed this brand featured on many blogs. They are an eco-friendly, cruelty free brand that specializes in skin and face products. I have only seen reviews on their face masks; however, they also offer products for the body, feet, and hair.

I always like to begin with what I enjoy about a product. During the winter months, my skin gets dry, even though I have oily skin, and I start having dry spots in certain areas of my face. The Montagne Jeunesse Crushed Arctic Cloudberries Glacial Clay Spa Mask is a hydrating mask that replenished some moisture back to my skin. I liked that the sheet mask itself was a thick, fabric material, so it was hard to tear. After I washed my face, and put the mask on, it became quite hard after only a few minutes, which is what I like in most of my face masks because I have some weird logic that they're actually working when that happens. The cost of this mask, $2.49 at Ulta, is also pretty reasonable considering it's a sheet mask. Some of their other masks, such as the Green Tea Peel Off Face Masque, retails at $1.99. 

I have to say I expected a lot from this mask because it was so often reviewed on blogs, but I guess I have to learn that not everything that gets reviewed are actually great products. For starters, the mask had an unpleasant, sea water scent. When I had to apply in onto my face, I felt claustrophobic, and it instigated my gag reflexes. After a couple minutes, I got used to the scent; however, I feel like it's better for a mask to have no scent then to have an disagreeable one. The sheet mask was too big for my face, and I consider my face to be pretty large already. The holes didn't quite fit right either. The white clay dried extremely fast, but I found that after leaving it on my face for around 15 to 20 minutes, it was extremely hard to wash off, and I found myself rubbing quite hard at my face for it all to come off. Even after I washed it off, I felt a bit of a residue that was not quite moisturizing but more like leftover from the clay. The sheet masks that I have used in the past didn't require to be washed off, so I didn't like that feature about this one. 

Overall, the Montagne Jeunesse Glacial Clay Spa Mask was a miss for me because it lacked in almost all the good qualities I look for in a face mask. My skin didn't seem to have an drastic improvements, so I would not reccomend this particular form their line of masks. Hopefully, some of their other masks work and smell better, but this is still not something that I would spend my money on. 

What is your favorite face mask?

-Emily

*This product was sent to me by Influester in their Violet Vox Box to review, but all opinions are solely my own.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great post my favourite face mask is the heated chocolate one it's so gorgeous!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, look here for more info :)

    http://marfmallow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the face masks by Mario Badescu, right now I am using the whitening one and it seems to work really well!

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really use face masks, but I always associate them with being pampered, haha. Too bad this one wasn't so great :\

    ReplyDelete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig