Sunday, November 9, 2014

A California Fall Lookbook Part Five | Blackout

Black. The universal color in the world of fashion. When done properly, an all-black outfit can instantly elevate one's style and make a person appear more confident. The key to wearing an all-black ensemble is contrasting the shades and textures. By pairing my new favorite faux leather and suede jacket on top of darker shades of black make the jacket standout as the central piece of the outfit. Black is also an extremely slimming color, great for those months when we add on a few extra pounds eating cookies and other sweet treats. A medium pink lip goes great with this dark outfit and either a high ponytail or tousled hair down add the perfect finishing touches to this chic outfit.







Necklace- Forever 21
Top- unknown
Jacket- H&M
Leggings- thrifted 
Ankle Boots- Designer Shoe Warehouse


Have you ever tried an all-black outfit before?

-Emily
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. What a great California fall look! I love wearing all black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never go wrong with a good leather jacket and black ankle boots! while i do mostly wear dresses it's always good to have those staples in my wardrobe for when i feel like pulling them out.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the leather jacket and i adore your style ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good all-black outfit and you rock in this! The way you've styled it has made you look super tall, I'll be on the look out for some ankle grazer jeans so I can look tall to (i'm only 5ft, waaaah!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is really nice, casual outfits like this are my go to! I'm still looking for the perfect biker jacket mind you, I don't think I'll ever find one.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so chic! It's easy for an all black ensemble to look boring, but you're obviously en pointe with the mixing of textures. My leather jacket is a wardrobe staple - edgy yet glamorous! Love xx

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig