Sunday, April 19, 2015

5 Minute Spring Hairstyles | The Effortless Side Braid



When I think of spring, I think of fresh, natural style. I like my hair to reflect that, so I am starting a three part series called, 5 Minute Spring Hairstyles, in which I will show you three extremely easy hairstyles that take less than five minutes. The great thing is that all three hairstyles work on any length hair as I did these on my cousin who has short hair. The first one is something I'm sure most of you know how to do, but I had to include it as it's just too pretty! I wore a version of this everyday in my 8th grade, but I did it awfully tight which was such a shame as this looser version, which I like to call the effortless side braid, is so much prettier.

1. Part your hair to one side (I like to only part about halfway down my head to "fake" bangs.)
2. Grab a section of hair from the front of your head, about an inch thick, and divide it into three sections.
3. Loosely french braid your hair down the side of your head at a downward angle, but add different size sections of hair each time to create a textured look.
4. Pin back the braid with two criss-crossed bobby pins and then hide the pinned backed section with hair from the back of your head.

What are your favorite hairstyles for spring?



-Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig